historic Bayleys Plantation in St. Philip was created by Joseph Bayley
in the 1700s and almost seventy five years later he owned 444 acres and
hundreds of slaves.
In 1816, Bussa, a slave, captured and
brought from Africa, led a revolt which began on the Bayleys Plantation
and spread to other nearby plantations. Many slaves were killed.
Bayleys Plantation House which sits on 30 acres of land, was completely
renovated. It took many people and years to complete the renovation
At the front door and in the chapel on the grounds of the estate, there are monuments dedicated to Bussa.
The home has a total of 15 bedrooms, a recording studio, pool, Jacuzzi, gazebo, stables and tennis court.
There are views of sugar cane fields and the sea.
The mature garden grows several fruit trees.